Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #7
SoccerMasta
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrundog
I'll ask the obvious. and NO Chad, I don't think you are dumb!
Im still a newb so theres no way I would think that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrundog
Could it be ploom? Them dark Hoyos ploom up nice!
At first I got excited thinking this exact thing, but after looking at it closely the grey color told me it was mold. I have seen about 3 cigars with ploom before and this stuff looks like mold. the kind you get on bread when it first starts molding. Grey and a bit er lost for words on this.... airy like.... meaning you can see it raised off of the cigar wrapper. Also I did not think ploom could form on the actual foot of the cigar? This stuff was starting to grow into the cigar it looked like. ploom is a white color correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad dawg
Chad, don't give up on the Climmax beads - they really are the best thing going for humidity control. Keep in mind that they need only a really small amount of water added to them at first - they take on a sort of translucent cast when they're in good shape. As they dry out, they turn whitish and opaque. When they're too wet, they get clear, almost like glass.

I use a small spray bottle to add distilled water to the beads - works better than pouring it out of the jug.

I use 65% Climmax in all of my desktop humis, tupperdors, and in my winecoolerdor. Never had any mold, period.

MD
Im pretty sure I know what I did wrong. When I first got my media I poured way to much distilled water into the container. A few of the beads are cracked and I have read that means to much liquid?????

Thanks for the tips guys. I do not plan on giving up, I just should have read the instructions better or asked for advice before installing them. Live and learn. Thanks again!

JUST
SoccerMasta is offline   Reply With Quote