Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
TBaGZ

Dewey Ave. Smoke Shop (rochester guys)

Do any of you guys go there? I have gone there a couple times now and have mixed feelings on it. The first time I went in I talked to a guy John (owner maybe?) and explained that I was a nOOB and asked him for some suggestions. He gave me a couple sticks explained what brand they were and what type of smoke it was and gave me a free cheapie cutter. I figured cool I'll keep going to this guy and seeing what i can learn from him and try some different things out. Now the last time I went in two see him he gave seemed like he really didn't want to help me out, he was busy talking to someone behind the counter so I just waited for him to be done. Then when he came over i told him which ones I liked best out of the ones he picked for me last time and why.Then when he picked me out 3 new ones he just kind of rang them up and went back to his conversation not telling me anything about them. And i guess the one thing that bothers me the most is that there is no walk in humi, everything is in cases behind the counter. I like to be able to look at the cigars too while I am picking things out (and look at the prices so i can pass withouth seaming like a cheap ass).

So if any of you local guys read this what are your feelings on this shop, and where else is there to go around here? Lyell Video? I hear they have a nice walk in humi there.
TBaGZ is offline   Reply With Quote