Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
CodyMonster

Cigar Oasis - Fan will not stop

My Cigar Oasis Fan will not stop running. The water cartage is full, the wick is wet, yet, and the fan will not turn off. I've adjusted my humidity levels on the unit and even turned the knob all the way down. The fan will not stop.

My hygrometer is fine, I did the salt test..... and the hygro was reading really high. So I know the CO is just pumping out moisture...

Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
justin51

Did you call the manufacturer? I'd start there if you havent...
justin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Little Steve
Club Member

I think its covered up to one year. If its past one year, give them a call any ways to see if they can help.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Philski

My Cigar Oasis seems only to be 'On' or 'Off' - depending on whether or not I have cut off the power. Although I did expect it to have a cut out function once the humidity reached a certain level, experience tells me this is not the case.

I think it's jus too basic to have this feature. All I do it is to give it a blast when the humidity drops below 65%, and switch it off (at the wall socket) when it hits about 67%.

- Chief Wiggum
Philski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
CodyMonster

Sensor is dead

Called the CO company and they told me the sensor is dead... So, I can have it fixed for over $40 or buy another one.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
mhotek

Huh? That has never been the case. I'm not sure how it can be "fixed" is it soldered to the circuit board and sealed inside the top housing. If the sensor is dead, it needs to be replaced. That's all there is to it. I can't remember what the warranty on them is, but they should replace it if the sensor died.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
CodyMonster

That's what Cigar Oasis told me... I thought it was kinda strange myself. Logic would suggest some built in sensor made in China, without any hope of repair. What they probably call a repair is just sending me another top to the water cartridge. But, at any rate, that's what my options are.

I bought the CO back in April of 05, so the warrenty is long gone...since the warrenty is only for a year.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
Headbanger

Thanks for the update. Now I will know what to look forward to if mine does not stop running. Better luck next time, you just got a bad one.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
mhotek

Sorry, I'm one of the people who doesn't care what Cigar Oasis said about the warranty.

We're a distributor. Actually, we're the only true distributor in that we sell these pre-dominantly to wholesale accounts and we do 100% of the customer service on them. (The other two "distributors" buy in large quantity, retail them, and then make you go back to Cigar Oasis for any service on them.)

I don't care what their warranty is on them. When they don't work, we replace them, end of story. Give Jen a call at 740-548-5880 and tell her you have a Cigar Oasis that isn't working anymore. We'll get a replacement sent out to you. (It would be a lot easier if everyone would get them from us in the first place (pricing isn't any different) and then issues like this would never happen, but that's just wishful thinking.)

Anyway, give Jen a call and we'll get a replacement sent out.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #10
FSUScotsman
Herf God

Can't beat that guys!!!!

The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist!!!!
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote