Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2002, 05:05 PM   #1
HMS Richard

www.JPsCorner.com Tel: 573-735-4317 email: sales@JPsCorner.com

I purchased from Ebay 30 large (5 x 3.5 inch) Desi Paks (silica gel disiccant) for $20.45 (shipping included). They appear very well made. I plan to condition them at 65 percent RH by placing them in a sealed tuperware container with a wet sponge and hygrometer (sponge should not touch the disiccant paks). Once the RH climbs to 65 percent RH, you can either place them individually in small ziplock bags for later use or store them in your Igloodor (no zip lock bags necessary) - my Igloodor is ratedat 65 percent RH. This process can be repeated indefinately. To completely dry out the desi paks, heat for 16 hours at 245 degrees F.

Consider this potentially a low cost option to the Humipaks which can also be resurrected with a little patience. I have a feeling they (the Desi Paks) will work quite well in a well-sealed, non-airtight traveldor. I think we can do even better on the pricing by ordering directly from the manufacturer in bulk but first I want to put the stuff through the paces.

I have no financial connection with this firm. Just passing on info.