Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
madecov
Starting Member

Web shopping for a humidor

I placed a small order with Bargainhumidors. We shall see what happens
It seems that the pattern on the various boards is that they are excellent as far as shipping.

I have called them no less than 3 times to have a questions answered and e mailed no less than 3 times. No response to any of my attempts.

It appears that the owner of the company also has a full time regular job and has hired some people to run the operation. When somone posts a problem on one of the boards there seems to be a tendancy to blame the volume of e mails, calls and growth of the company and other assorted reasons.
I have yet to see anyone who has ordered and not received the order, it seems that the ability to contact the company and get an answer to questions is a problem

I tried to contact them once in November, Once in December and once in January. All I get is an answering machine and no return call. I sent 2 e mails and a message in my small order and have received no reply. My credit card was charged the day after the order was placed, so I am hoping it shipped that day.

Having a great price on a product is one thing, after sale service and attention to the customer is another. When I'm ready to purchase a large humidor I may have to shop around for a company that has people you can actually talk to, even for a few dollars more