Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Mikeaveli2682
Starting Member

S.T. Dupont Lighter Help!

My S.T. Dupont lighter was stolen at Lexington Ave. Bar & Books in Manhattan. I am not certain but based upon the circumstances, I believe it was an employee and not a customer that did the stealing. I want a replacement but I do not have the money to purchase one at the price I paid for the original. The original was a graduation gift and was engraved with my Initials and the year I graduated. Does anyone have any ideas on how to acquired a Dupont Line 2 lighter at cheaper than retail prices. I've looked on Ebay but am wary. Are the lighters at these prices used, old or just plain fake? Please respond ASAP. Anyone who owns a lighter like this can just imagine what it feels like to have it stolen. My Xikar cutter was also stolen.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
TOJE
Herf God

I have no idea, I never owned a real good lighter. Now I know why.

I'm sure someone can help you here.

(_<CAO>_____]]]]~~
TOJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
lucasbuck
Herf Meister

That sucks!!! Sorry for your loss. I love my Xtend. Check out THIS THREAD for some ideas.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
Mikeaveli2682
Starting Member

Thanks for reminding me why this is the only cigar message board I view and post in. BTW, the lighter was Line 2 and not an X-tend
Old 01-23-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
the nub
Contributing Editor

IMO I would stay away from eBay. Lots of counterfeits out there that are sold with genuine looking boxes and certificates. These mainly originate from HK. Ex. there was a guy peddling all gold plated Ligne 2, with Laque de Chine stamped on the bottom!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #6
rcsmithiii
Starting Member

S.T. Dupont Lighter Help!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would recommend you stay away from eBay. The majority of the Duponts there are fake. I bought one for $100.00 and sent it back to Dupont to have it changed to a cigar flame. They returned it along with a nice letter saying it was a fake and that they would not repair or service it. For $100.00 it is an exceptionally nice lighter. I have to give the maker of the fake credit. My local Dupont dealer was mixed on whether it was real or fake. I have a Davidoff branded Dupont and all of the warranty information in the box matched that of the fake except for the color....green for the Davidoff, red for the Dupont. When you replace the lighter be sure to call you insurance agent and get a rider for your homeowners policy as the lighter is considered jewelry and can be insured as such. That protects you if this happens again. As far as online dealers are concerned, elighters has pretty good prices. They are at www.elighters.com. They are dealers for Dupont. Good luck on getting it replaced.
rcsmithiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
Smoker06
Herf God

I agree with the stay away from eBay advice. They're either used or possibly fake. Take a look at www.buymorecigars.com or www.bonitasmokeshop.com. They're still expensive though.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
Lungman

PM Sent, Good Luck
Lungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Mikeaveli2682
Starting Member

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll let you know what I decide to do and post pictures of my new lighter if and when I get another. Take care.