Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
MalkavianX

What're you brewing?

Heads up homebrewers! I wanted to make a thread we can all use both as a brewing journal and a forum for exchanging recipe ideas. If nothing else i plan on keeping this thread updated with my brews as they progress through fermentation, bottling, conditioning and so on, and I may post the wines I have going as well, thhough there's not as much to talk about there.

Anyway feel free to post as much or as little as you like, I'll try not to get TOO technical about what I'm doing, but I want to be as specific as possible so you guys can duplicate my results.

I've done 3 recipes lately, but I only have one of them handy, so that'll have to entertain you while I dig up the paperwork for the others! I've got a chcolate stout, which ill give here, also a pumpkin ale and an Octoberfest

Code:
Name: Double Chocolate Stout
Brewed on: 7-22-06

Fermentables:
6# Light DME

Steeped Grains:
16oz Chocolate malt
4oz Roasted Barley
12oz Flaked barley

Hops:
1oz Northern Brewer hops @ 45minutes (of a 45 min boil)

Extra stuff:
2tsp Irish Moss @ 20 min
6oz Cocoa nibs in secondary for 2 weeks

Yeast: White Labs 004 Irish Ale

Starting Gravity: 1.060
Gravity @ Secondary: 1.020
Terminal Gravity: To be determined

Tasting notes: Yummy coffee-cocoa flavor right out of primary, even before the cocoa nibs were added. After 1wk on the nibs, exhibited a great chocolate aroma and a fuller chocolate taste.
MalkavianX is offline   Reply With Quote