Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2004, 09:59 AM   #1
ferdelance
Herf Meister

The Punk Basement news and notes

last night on Sirrius they had as always the Punk basemnt but unlike normal shows this was a tribute to the founding fathers of the punk movemnent, i taped it on the PVR and am listening to it right now, thery did triple shots of some bands, it was great, i am gonna try and lay down at least a portion of it on a CD, they started off with the "fathers of Punk" MC5(where they also mention that Crensaw is filling in, so it confirms my thougfht that it was him, i feel stupid as i really dig Crenshaw and i tiotally ignored him and dando but i was tasling to Wayne about a fwe things considering John sinclair, then they had tio split bunch of old farts, but they can still make guitars scream.
, and then just sort of mixed it up with Fear, Flesh for Lulu. then a triple shot of the leganday Richarf Hell and they paid an Homage to Quinn who died of an OD at 61 , June 5 or 6 i forget but it wasn't long after his wife died. really sad. But they give credit to Hell for the ropped T-short look from a quote from the Clash)
TSOL, GenX in which they mentioned an upcoming summer tour of a band with Mick jones(the Clash) and Tony James(genX) black Flag(TV party reminds me of Repo man ). circle jerks, Ramones, Joey Ramone,
Steves Jones Solo album. the Tubes first album(white punks on dope, the song) Jim Carrol, they even played the Pistols,(which they mention McClaren's marketing of them. the Clash Iggy Pop (who they call the godfather of punk and mention he has a new album coming out) i haven't finished listening to it. so who knows what they will play next. i am interested to hear what they have to say about VU. what a geat way to wake up to on a sunday morning