Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2003, 07:55 PM   #1
vern

Of intrest to guys with Herfadors.

I have had a herfador for awhile, the Sherman, Pelican type that holds 30 cigars, and I love/hate it. I love the way it protects my cigars but I don't like the foam trays, and I have looked at all the different types of them, I don't like taking the whimpy things in and out and I really miss the aroma of spanish cedar I get when I open my other humidor. I know, I am just picky.
This last week I addressed the things that I didn't like and made Spanish cedar trays with foam for the cigars to rest on and little cedar dividers between the cigars. I even made one of the trays where the deviders goes the other way and I can store 8 cigars in it instead of 6. When I took the Herfador to a herf on Sunday the other guys thought they were pretty cool, and some have shown interest in getting them, So I decided on a price of 20 bucks each or 75 bucks for a set of four with no charge for shipping, as they take a while to make. ( you leave the foam tray in the bottom.) I thought I would bounce this idea off my CW brothers and see if there is any interest , if there is I will post pictures.