Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
quipfan
Club Member

Cinnamon Sipping Whiskey

I made a batch of this last week after finding the recipe on another forum...It came out pretty well and is quite good...

You will need the following items:

1 Liter Bottle of your favorite whiskey ( I used cheap high alcohol content. It all tastes great when it is done. Don’t waste your money buying expensive Whiskey)

1 Cup of Sugar

¾ Cup of Water

Cinnamon Sticks (Not the powder, you want the sticks)

In a sauce pan add 1 cup of sugar, ¾ cup of water and one or two cinnamon sticks (two if you like cinnamon)

Simmer this entire potion (don’t let it boil over or it will harden quickly), keep stirring slowly, till it becomes a thick syrup. You can tell if it is the right thickness, if you take a piece of string and when you dunk it in the syrup, it sticks to the string, covering it (I find it is usually around 20 – 30 minutes for it to get the right consistency).

Remove from the heat and pour in the whiskey till you fill the pan, stirring while you do so will help to mix the syrup and whiskey.

Continue to heat on low heat (DO NOT BOIL), and continue to stir this potion till the syrup and whiskey are totally mixed together. Set it aside and let it cool.

Pour back into the bottle and place a cinnamon stick in the bottle
quipfan is offline   Reply With Quote