Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-08-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
jojoscigars
Club Member

Really turned on by this new smoke from torano. For a medium body cigar and a good price. The flavor has a hint of coffee and is some what spice .With a little more time to sit in the humidor these will be a front running cigar.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:31 AM   #2
Prof2B
Starting Member

Have you guys heard what they're calling the vitolas in the Exodus line?

The churchill is called Pharaoh, the length of which symbolizes his great stubborness in not letting God's people go.

The robusto is called Moses, for though short of stature he delivers great power, a mouthpiece for his God.

The corona is called Aaron, its diminutive size symbolizing his lack of faith in creating idols.

The torpedo is called Red Sea, for its funnel shape reminds one of the parting of those waters.

And the large "A" vitola is simply called IAM.

The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:02 PM   #3

Hello Gentlemen:

Charlie Torano here from Carlos Torano cigars. To Prof2B: Very clever my man!

I confess that when we were in the creative stage of developing the brand name, we had some concerns that the name Exodus would be deemed a religious reference. That is why we chose to put the date in the name "Exodus 1959." As some of you probably know, that is the date Castro seized power and began to nationalize (I mean steal) the land, businesses etc. In this cigar we are honoring those cigar families who fled Cuba and took their trade to the other cigar producing countries.

Anyway, I don't want to breach the rules here by promoting our cigars. I just wanted to acknowledge Prof2B's clever comments and to clarify for those who may not know better, that the name on our cigar has no religious reference.

All the best,
Charlie Torano
Old 01-09-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Charlie, no shame in having religious references, you know.

GO ahead and post about the line. Folks understand that you are an owner and cigar-maker. It is acceptable for you to do so. I, for one, love to hear from individual manufacturers, it lets me feel as if I have a modicum of contact with some important people in my pursuit of enjoyment.

"You come out of the tunnel. Everyone is screaming. Everyone is going crazy. You can smell the bourbon." LSU QB Rohan Davey on running onto the field in Tiger Stadium

Then you ask yourself, oh sure, but WWTD? WALT!

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 01:12 PM   #5

Hello TommyBB:

I agree with you my friend there is absolutely no shame in religious references. But since it wasn't the focus or our cigar, we wanted everyone to know which "Exodus" we were referring to.

By the way, your boy Rohan is a local boy from Miami Lakes. Apparently the best players and cigars have their roots here

Regards,
Charlie Torano
Old 01-09-2002, 01:14 PM   #6
jojoscigars
Club Member

Thank you Mr C Torano for clearing that up .You have made a great cigar .i like the line alot keep up the good work .will the be an maduro line also

Old 01-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #7
iluvcgars
Club Member

I have had one of these and I really enjoyed it. I will defintely get some more of these.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:33 PM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Thanks Charlie. I don't think he'll do much in the NFL, but he is talented, and was an effective leader on the field! But then again I could be wrong; I have been before and will be again!!

"You come out of the tunnel. Everyone is screaming. Everyone is going crazy. You can smell the bourbon." LSU QB Rohan Davey on running onto the field in Tiger Stadium

Then you ask yourself, oh sure, but WWTD? WALT!

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 02:36 PM   #9
Hendrix
Club Member

I had one of these in the Torpedo size and I was really impressed!It is IMO..the best cigar of 2001!

Very rich tasting cigar that has decent strength...but simply divine!

I have a box of these on order with my local-guy...Still waitin!

September 11,2001..GOD BLESS US

Edited by - hendrix on 01/09/2002 3:38:17 PM
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:38 PM   #10
jojoscigars
Club Member

hendrix, I sent you an email .jojo