Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
nunee
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunee
When I was in Mexico las July, the tequila pricing I found was not that great. Cabo Wabo was only $3 more if I bought it here at Costco. To not carry it 3000 miles is worth the $3.

I did not really find anything there you couldn't get here. Some of the reserve tequila may be worth it....

However get a bottle of the "Controy." It is an orange liquer they use to make margaritas, made in Mexico. It comes in a green bottle that looks a LOT like Cointreau. It only cost $8 but makes a GREAT margarita. I haven't compared it to the french Cointreau, but for the money, it is the best deal south of the border as far as I am concerned. I have never seen it in the US. Most tequila is available here though.....
I still have a bottle of Controy that I bought in Tecate about a year ago. They made all the margarita's there with Tequila, fresh squeezed lime and Controy. Mmmm...

THAT'S the stuff. And they have those special little limes, I have not seen them here. SO GOOD.

That Controy is the best buy in Mexico at ~$8 a bottle. You can buy most tequila here.