Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
Harleyrider
Club Member

$600?

If I can do it for $600 or so, I am thinking about getting a humidor that can hold 10-15 boxes or so, with an Oasis II. Is that doable? If so, what are your recommendations? TIA!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
cubano67
Herf Meister

You can get an Anteitam and have enough left over for another box of smokes.

I absolutely love mine, it suits me well. The construction and materials are good. It's stable, the joints are well made and tight. A couple of caveats, though: One, the drawers don't run on glides, but on wooden pegs. They're smooth, though, and it's not a problem for me, but you should know it ahead of time. Two, mine seals well, but you might want to add a strip of weatherstripping aropund the door - I know some folks have had issues with the seal.

HERES mine right when I bought it. It's actually more full now, but still has some room to spare.

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
co-hiba
Herf Meister

I just traded away my Antietam with Cigar Oasis II. If I wasn't looking for something with more storage capacity, I would have held onto it. I had 12 boxes with close to 150 singles going. I never had any problems with it. Now I have an Aristocrat Plus48 and love it.

co-hiba

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/co-hiba/
co-hiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
joeypots

I wish I had bought an Aristocrat instead of an Antietam. I have to work at it to keep the moisture in the summer away from my cigars. Buy the highest quality largest unit you can. Price is not the most important consideration when you could have many thousands of $$$ worth of cigars in the humidor in a few years. The extra money, worth about 2-3 boxes of Havana cigars is nothing in the long run.
joeypots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
iminaquagmire

Not a humidor, but I built a new fully lined Avanti fridgidor for about that. If I hadn't put lights in and a bunch of other asthetic stuff, it would have been a lot less.

I have mostly singles in it but it would probably hold 15 easily without them.
iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Headbanger

Avanti EWC28 thermoelectric wine cooler can be had for under $200 shiped and the Oasis for about $100. Look for a good scratch and dent Avani on Ebay for around $150 bucks or new from ( www.compactappliance.com ). The wine cooler will need the Oasis during the summer cause it will take RH out of the air. Should hold 20 boxes, depending on the size and how good at Tetris you are. I had custom spanish cedar shelved done as well. The metal racks just had to go. Good luck to you in your storage quest. Just go larger than what you plan on getting.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
PLUSH
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger
Avanti EWC28 thermoelectric wine cooler can be had for under $200 shiped and the Oasis for about $100. Look for a good scratch and dent Avani on Ebay for around $150 bucks or new from ( www.compactappliance.com ). The wine cooler will need the Oasis during the summer cause it will take RH out of the air. Should hold 20 boxes, depending on the size and how good at Tetris you are. I had custom spanish cedar shelved done as well. The metal racks just had to go. Good luck to you in your storage quest. Just go larger than what you plan on getting.
Hey there I might be interested in going this route. Where did you get the shelving done and did you put cedr on the walls and back as well?
PLUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
cf2112

Buy an Aristocrat and you'll always know you bought the best. Aristocrat Mini with cigar Oasis $537+shipping should be under $600. Call Bob you won't be sorry (until you need more space ) Best customer service in the business

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-mini.html
Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 AM   #9
bigpuff
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubano67
You can get an Anteitam and have enough left over for another box of smokes.

I absolutely love mine, it suits me well. The construction and materials are good. It's stable, the joints are well made and tight. A couple of caveats, though: One, the drawers don't run on glides, but on wooden pegs. They're smooth, though, and it's not a problem for me, but you should know it ahead of time. Two, mine seals well, but you might want to add a strip of weatherstripping aropund the door - I know some folks have had issues with the seal.

HERES mine right when I bought it. It's actually more full now, but still has some room to spare.
My door is warped on mine and the lock isn't working any more.

big Puff

Ok I must confess. I am and always will be an
Opus whore.

Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars.
bigpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
cubano67
Herf Meister

That's a drag, Puff.

Did it come that way? Have you contacted Bargain Humidors and talked to them about it? I don't know what they could do, but they have fantastic customer service.

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote