Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I Have Now Tasted Real Coffee!!!

First off just let me say....Oh My God!!!!!!!

What in the hell have I been doing for all of these years?? I know, I've been wasting money.

I finally decided I was going to check out this world of freshly ground coffee, so I picked up a 32oz French Press and a burr grinder. I wasn't going to get into home roasting just yet, just start grinding some fresh beans for now.

Well Whit (Spiny Norman) ever so graciously decided to drop a splendid sampler of some of his fresh home roasted beans on my doorstep to help get me started off right. Once again let me say...Oh My God!! I truly cannot believe the difference in this and the old store bought canned coffee that I have been drinking for years. Abosolutely amazing!

Whit decided to drop me a nice sampler of some of his own fresh roast in the form of some Nicaraguan Laguna Verde, a little Kenyan Peaberry Kiandu City Plus, and just to be sure I'm good and ruined he threw in a bag of Bolivian Organic City Plus. This stuff is awesome. The taste is unbelievable. So much more flavor, body & fullness! I'm ruined, or should I say converted. I can already see that I'm gonna have to invest in a roaster and start yet another hobby. I have had a grand total of 3 batches of coffee now and I would just as soon have a glass of water than brew another pot of canned coffee again!

Whit, many thanks my friend, for helping me to see the light!