Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #12
Tumbleweed
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassingBy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
JustPassingBy,

I have four poppers and an I-Roast. They all work well.

I can't really discern a difference in the taste of the coffee, no matter which machine I use.

It's all good.
do you use the preset settings on the I-roast? if so apparently people are getting better roasts changing the profile

What I think I'll do is try to streach out the roast to around 10 minutes using an extension cord, and than when I can a dimmer switch/Variac. This looks like a hell of a hobby It's going to take me ages to get a roast tuned perfectly and than the coffee is going to change oh well this is going to be fun
JustPassing. I sometimes use my own settings. You can set the temp. and time in one stage, or 2, or 3.

example:
460 degrees--2 min.
475 degrees--2 minutes.
485 degrees--8 min.

After the clock is on the third setting, you can add time by pressing and holding the ^ (preset1) button, if your beans aren't done to your liking.

You can add time only on the third setting.

However, I recently discovered that the presets are set in three stages. So say you use PRESET1. When the clock reads :30 and you can see your beans won't be roasted enough, you can press and hold the ^(preset1) button until it maxes out. You clock will now have 4:15 left. This is plenty of time to achieve a full city roast. At least. I watch it, and hit the cool button when the beans are to my liking. I've had the I-Roast for over two months, and I just today discovered this feature.

www.versablock.com
Tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote