Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #21
hawkan2580
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linn
NOW I get where you're coming from, Eric. I think you can get by with no analog to digal mixer/interface at all and go pure DAW.

If you have a sampling keyboard like a Kurtzwell, then all your samples can be captured and tweeked at that level, rather than the recording level.

- Linn - Rock On!
I too thought more of being able to do a combination of DAW and traditional Audio recordings...

WIth all your hardware gear.. sure you need some type of mixer.. or at least inputs.. the mixing part can be done in the PC.. when it comes to that gear.. even a patchbay could actually do this job.. you basically just need to get a trillion zillion outputs to be able to be plugged in.. and since you can change the output level manually on those.. fidlle around with the midi track volume etc.. you only really need to hook em up in some way down to a stereo pair.. this is where that patchbay can come in handy.... and you can build one yourself.. or buy really cheap...