Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2004, 06:05 AM   #1
joeypots

Ho w I do the beads and love it

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took some nylons from my wife, not having any of my own. I made what essentially looks like a bunch of link sausages. Six links out of 2 lbs of beads. Two eight knots between each link, spaced apart about 1/2 inch. Cut between each knot and you have six little bundles of beads to spread around the 'dor. Dry out the beads by putting them in the bathroom sink and putting you gal's hair dryer on them for about 1/4-1/2 hour. Dry the beads out every day untill you get the rh where you want it. My small cab 'dor was stuck at 74 RH and I knocked it down to 65 rh in three days.
joeypots

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:34 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put mine in a stocking. 1/3 lb. little bundles(like sausages). When it is really dry I add watter to the beads. The weather in the northeast has us as dry as the Sahara Desert right now. If they only need a little to notch up the RH in moderate conditions, I put a shot glass full of water in the humidor untill I am where I want to be. When I need to knock DOWN the RH, I dry out thelittle bundles with a hair dryer. Works for me.

This may all be moot as it looks as if the beads are not easily obtainable now.
joeypots is offline   Reply With Quote