Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Tommy boy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bctech
I think the salt test is the most accurate method to test hygrometer, compare to others, correct me if i am wrong. Thanks

Why a salt test will void the warranty of the hygrometers?? I dont understand ?!
How do you know the humidity factor of the salt test. Unless you have a verified vial (of which I have), it is guessing. Calibration all depends on the base line. That is why the bovi is best and least expensive and most reliable method of calibration.
I have a verified vial (salt and water verified at 75.3%). I will ship it to you if you pay shipping out and back. Perhaps we can add some cigars for a trade.
Why would a salt test void the warranty? Salt plus water equals corosion. Salt is an oxidizer. But I sell for a company that manufacturers analyzers to determine humidity level (we call it dew point) at end users who are operating high temperature heat treating equipment. They calibrate with the exact vial that I have in my posession. But, I am not recommending that you do it that way on your model. No problem with inexpensive analog units with adjustment factors.
Clear as mud?
Tommy boy is offline   Reply With Quote