Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Zer000

Hey guys, first off, I apologize for my absence, I’ve been taking a bit of a break from forum posting. Anyway, I recently ordered a box of Bauza pyramids from Holt’s. When I opened the box, the first thing I noticed was that the shrink wrap on the Bauzas was poorly put on, there were holes in the shrink wrap and it overlapped itself in places. I looked closer, and I saw that the seal on the box had already been broken. At first I thought that that might have happened during shipping, but when I opened the box I found out otherwise. At first I was pretty excited, because I noticed right away that they are the old blend Bauzas with the big “Importado” on the top of the band. I’ve never had the old blend, but I’ve heard that it was better than the new one. When I put the cigars into my humidor, I noticed that amongst the old blend Bauza’s, there is one new one as well. What this says to me is that they grabbed a bunch of singles, threw them in a box and hastily shrink wrapped them. I’m always more wary of singles, because who knows how they were stored… When I paid for the cigars, I paid for a factory sealed box, not some random assortment. So, should I be pissed and return them, or consider myself lucky because I scored a box of the old blend? You make the call.

Edited by - Zer000 on 04/23/2002 8:22:39 PM
Zer000 is offline   Reply With Quote