Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
JSBond

Types of lighters: Which is best?

I'm just looking for opinions on the best lighter as far as style, size, longevity, ease of use, and price.

I know there are a ton of lighter companies such as: Monarch, Nibo, Zippo, Galaxy, Colibri, etc...

There are many styles as well: Torch, windproof, multi-flame, pocket, desk, and of course the fun novelty lighters.

Just last Friday, I was having a smoke at a friend's home and he pulls out this Lightsaber...I mean it was as big as and looked just like a Jedi Lightsaber and had 5 multi-flame torches. Way too big for any one little cigar...but, we both had a good laugh. He said, he found it at a novelty store and he couldn't pass up the fun. You don't point that thing towards your face...you'd burn out your retinas.

Anyhow...I grew up with the good old Zippo flip top lighter. It's nice and all (for a cigarette smoker), but it doesn't do a great job with cigars...and I'd rather the torch style with maybe 2 or 3 burners at the most.

Any suggestions for an economical, yet effective cigar lighter?

Alternatively, what's the best out there? Or is it just preference?

"Light 'em up!"
JSBond is offline   Reply With Quote