Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
tfkirk1
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DCJ View Post
This ties in with my cooler size thread...

I am thinking about how to best humidify and control it in coolers (and trying not to over think it too much)

I have kitty litter , I was also thinking about getting Heartfelt beads in bulk , 1/2 pound of beads will control 2.5 cu ft (my guess that's about a 60 qt cooler)...

so should/could I use a combination of kitty litter and beads ?? one to give off humidity and the other to kind of keep it in range (70%)

Dan
Dan,

Different parts of the country changes temp naturally. Temperature is important but I found out temp has some thing to do with the way cigars react but your humi is what you want to watch out for. I store mine in a room in my basement the the temperature stays at 65 degrees but I watch my humi"s because of the humidifier I have with my HVC. I keep them on an inside wall where the humi stays the same as much as it can. Living in Ohio you'r temp in the house will change as the weather does just keep a look out for your humi. Fla has the humidity changes during the seasons (aka summer,hurricane season)as well as Ohio looses it in the winter but really goes up in the summer. Try to keep them at a regular humidity and all should be well. Everyone has their own way of doing it. My thought any cooler will do depending on you storage size just make sure it has a good seal. Put a piece of paper when you close the top and if you pull it it is snug your good. IMHO if you have a good seal it's a coolidor. I use the Oasis system but with different size cooler and the cigar amount I use the dfferent size Oasis'.

Last edited by tfkirk1; 04-03-2018 at 05:53 PM.
tfkirk1 is offline   Reply With Quote