Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #1
Shubby

I really enjoyed this cigar last night (thank you Brentmeister!). For some reason, gifted smokes always seem to taste much better I don't seem to hear much about this line of gems, but I'm glad I got to try a decently aged one. I had one of these on a trip to Bermuda over a year ago and it was disappointing. Since then I've avoided looking into these smokes, but last night was a wake up call for me.

Construction: Good looking vitola given the shape, wrapper was veiny, not extremely symmetrical, colorado

Smoke: Excellent draw with a perfect amount of smoke that fits beautifully in your mouth (thank the Cuban gods for thin ring gauges). The cigar was smooth, with a med strength and full of flavor (I picked up light coffee and spices). The flavors didn't change much throughout the smoke, but it's such a short experience that you can't really expect it to do so (30 minutes tops). It really started to pick up when it hit the "B-spot" (bulbous) making it really tough to put down. The finish lasted quite long with enough lip-licking twang. I had it with a glass of water (IMHO, the only way to taste the cigars true flavors).

Overall: Move aside Hemingway for the new short story in town. This was a true work of art and ought to be a best seller. Although the construction is certainly not as perfect as a Hemingway, it's definitely a winner.

Edited by - Shubby on 01/11/2002 10:45:07 AM
Old 01-11-2002, 10:25 AM   #2
mcgoospot
Club Member

I have a box of the Exclusivos which are very nice. Never had the tradicionales. Will have to try it.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:38 AM   #3
Purosdave
Club Member

I have about 4 left in my box from 98, they are delicious! I don't understand why they are so underrated... oh well, more for me! :P

"Those who make peaceful revolutions impossible will make violent revolutions inevitable."
Purosdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
Vegas1
Club Member

Nice review! I've always liked the entire line of Cuabas, but I still think we're the minority guys. Hey, more for us!

Vegas1
"Viva Las Vegas"
Old 01-11-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
Prof2B
Starting Member

Oh man, the puns are killing me... I almost wish you'd left your experience an Untold Story...

Seriously, nice review! They are very creamy and smooth with some age on 'em, that's for sure. Just not my style. Hey, more for you!

The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:48 PM   #6
zebo65
Herf Meister

I like this line as a change of pace. For relativley cheap, you can pick up a box of any of their sizes with a few years of age.

Kick his ass Sea Bass.
zebo65 is offline   Reply With Quote