Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 3 Tubo

Romeo y Julieta
Romeo No. 3
4 5/8 x 40 Tres Petit Corona (Coronita-mano) NPD 7/03

Appearance: This small hand-finished cigar had a caffe-latte claro wrapper and was packaged in a classy-looking cedar-lined tubo. A little rough in places with a few thin veins, but mostly smooth and with a slightly flat, well-made cap.

Prelight: My faithful double-bladed guillotine made a perfect, slightly-recessed cut in the cigar. Draw seemed promising.

Flavor: It took to the flame easily and wasted no time delivering its wonderful flavors. The taste was a complex dance of cedar, toastiness, a little bit of gingery spice, sweetness, roasted nuts, and all the way through it was very creamy and smooth. As with all the Romeos I've smoked, it possessed that defininy floral, fruit-like aroma. In the last third of the cigar, it developed a much stronger and spicier cedar element along with the elusive tastes of exotic woods and a hint of fresh pine needles. Overall, it possessed a mild to medium strength and a medium body. This cigar proves that the hand-finished vitolas can be just as satisfying as their "totalmente a mano" cousins.

Construction: A superb draw, good burn, and a very dark ash that held perfectly. It even managed to keep a good burn despite the winds outside.

Misc: Accompanied with a latte that accentuated the creaminess. As a note, I think a good liquer might also be a nice option to accompany this cigar.

Thanks for reading

(EDIT: Forgot to thank BOTL partygas. This was a part of the smaller-sizes Habanos sampler he sent me. Another great cigar )
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote