Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Cigar Lover!
Club Member

Wyoming Members

Any other members anywhere in Wyoming?

Mostly just curious, but also wouldn't mind a meetup someday as i have no one to smoke with here at the Veteran's Home

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I am reading through the Longmire series, right now. I am with you in spirit. Sean

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:15 AM   #3
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
I am reading through the Longmire series, right now. I am with you in spirit. Sean
I really enjoyed the Longmire series on Netflix.
At the time I didn't realize you were in the vicinity, Sean.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:34 AM   #4
smbauerllc
Friggin Cigar Lover!
Club Member

Quote:

That series was actually based on the town I'm in at the Veteran's Home interesting enough.

Never read the books or watch the tv series though. Probably should to see how accurate the setting is

Old 06-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
That series was actually based on the town I'm in at the Veteran's Home interesting enough.

Never read the books or watch the tv series though. Probably should to see how accurate the setting is

The series is not accurate as the outdoor scenes were all shot around Las Vegas,New Mexico. Gorgeous scenery. No doubt, but not in Wyoming.

Craig Johnson, the author, lives in Ucross, Wyoming population 26. It just increased by one in the last few months.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+

Old 06-19-2022, 11:03 AM   #6
smbauerllc
Friggin Cigar Lover!
Club Member

Quote:
The series is not accurate as the outdoor scenes were all shot around Las Vegas,New Mexico. Gorgeous scenery. No doubt, but not in Wyoming.

Craig Johnson, the author, lives in Ucross, Wyoming population 26. It just increased by one in the last few months.

Yeah, i had heard that's where it was filmed. Definitely not accurate without the Black Hills Mountain range right next to town.

I've been to Ucross. Definitely a tiny town

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2022, 06:19 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
Yeah, i had heard that's where it was filmed. Definitely not accurate without the Black Hills Mountain range right next to town.

I've been to Ucross. Definitely a tiny town

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Craig Johnson has Absaroka County bordered by the Northern Cheyenne reservation, the Big Horn Mountains and the Powder River valley, basically. He calls it the least populous county in the least populous state in the union.

The sheriff's office is SUPPOSED to be in the old Carnegie Library, and Walt salutes Andrew Carnegie's portrait every time he leaves the office.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:57 AM   #8
smbauerllc
Friggin Cigar Lover!
Club Member

Ok, I'll expand the search for residents of bordering states, of Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska and south Dakota.

For reference, I'm in Buffalo, WY, which is pretty much in the middle of the northern border with Montana (Billings is about a 2hr drive)

I do have one friend in Colorado i met on a now defunct forum and became friends with, a couple years ago.

Problem is i don't drive and due to some medical issues he really isn't able to travel very far or for very long so we are limited to texting and the occasional Zoom call with another friend of ours from the same old forum who is in Georgia, which quite far for a meetup, although he has sad multiple times he's going to come here and break me out for some cigar related action, lol.

Last edited by smbauerllc; 06-21-2022 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:45 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I wish I could, Sean. I would love to meet you, and experience that part of the world.

Caregiver to an 87 year-old means I'm stuck for the foreseeable future. She will out-live us all in terms of years. Travel for me, at this point in my life, is a distant memory and an unlikely future.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:08 AM   #10
smbauerllc
Friggin Cigar Lover!
Club Member

Quote:
I wish I could, Sean. I would love to meet you, and experience that part of the world.

Caregiver to an 87 year-old means I'm stuck for the foreseeable future. She will out-live us all in terms of years. Travel for me, at this point in my life, is a distant memory and an unlikely future.
I definitely appreciate the sentiment that you would like to get together if you were able, even being so far away in LA.

I learned a long time ago that you can never have too many friends, and cigar smokers, like veterans, are a great bunch when it comes to their dealings with each other.

You seem like a good guy, and its especially noble to take care of an elderly person, that says a lot about you.

I've actually been to the very southern part of LA in town I believe was named Johnson, can't recall exactly its been so long. Drove there with a friend when I lived in Atlanta so he could visit family. Was pretty interesting with the swamps, gators, massive bugs, and heat and humidity.

The people were great though and his family took to me with open arms, and fed me some incredible crawdad gumbo that could never be replicated by any restaurant. Spicy as hell though, and most of them were adding extra hot sauce to theirs while I was sweating from it with nothing added. They had a good laugh at the yankee white boy,lol