Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2002, 08:22 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

I felt like I had died and gone to heaven! This was by far the BEST weather we've had here in Mobile for the past 6 months.....cool & dry!!!! Went out for a nice run(felt better than I have for a long time), came back and decided I needed to celebrate the event with a "special" cigar.....I opted for the La Luna Natural Fuerte- Luna de Luna.

I poured myself a pint of Guinness, turned on some "soulful" tunes, and soaked up the cool dry air, enjoying the afterglow of a good run. I started having second thoughts on firing up the LdL.....after all it IS my last one(other than the ones reserved for my contest winnings...be sure to enter in the smokin post)....then decided,"What the Hell, why not!....enjoy the moment!"

This Vitola is a work of art. A Churchill sized cigar with a dark Natural wrapper with a silky smooth finish. It is very firm with no soft spots, obviously very well constructed.
Upon lighting up I am pleased to find generous amounts of smoke coupled with a rich complex flavor. This is a heavy, yet subtle smoke. It doesn't hit me between the eyes with a sledgehammer, but I can feel the power.
The burn was on the money with not a single correction needed.

As I enjoy my relaxing journey with this cigar, I find it to be a very complex trip. I am not good with finding comparisons to spices and such, but the flavors went thru several different changes during the course of smoking this one down past the band. Each flavor profile was a very pleasant experience with thoughts of woody, spicey, and a little coffee coming to mind.
The ash was medium to dark grey and very firm.
Folks, for me...this is what cigars are all about! This was the perfect choice to end a great evening......and I would not HESITATE to recommend this cigar to anyone. In fact I would be excited to see my friends get the opportunity to try this cigar.....I think you will be pleased.