Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

Toranos 1916 Camaroon

I smoked this cigar during the great comeback Florida State made against Georgia Tech. Now that was an exciting game.
I received this cigar from a bombing a friend sent me. This was the corona sized 1916. The 1916 will be on the market in about 2 weeks. This one was gifted to me buy another member on the Torano's website.

Prelight - Good looking medium brown camaroon wrapper. No noticeable veins. Cut nicely, prelight draw was easy and gave a nice light tobacco taste.

Ash/Burn - The ash was hardy and solid. It stayed on for about an inch and a half before I knocked it off. It stayed solid and didn't fall apart once it hit the ashtray. No touchup needed and it stayed lit even when I hit the little boys room during a timeout.

Flavor- I wasn't sure if this camaroon would have a medal taste I usually taste in camaroons. But to my surprise and liking it did not have that tinny taste. I'd say the strength was medium bodied with an earthy and wood taste. This flavor profile stayed consistent throughout. I would say this cigar is not as complex as the Exodus Gold or Silver. But at the same time it produced a good flavor profile just the same. The 1916 was never harsh, but was smooth tasteing from start to finish. This surprised me because I didn't age it, I was expecting a hint of bitter taste associated with under aged cigars, but there was no harshness or grassy tatse.

Overall - A very enjoyable cigar. I'd really like to try this cigar in a larger 1916 to see if it produced a stronger flavor. This corona was very smooth, never harsh. If you are looking for a medium bodied woody tasting cigar, this cigar is right up your line. Like I said before this cigar is not as complex as some of the other Toranos, but it has something to offer those who want great tasting cigar camaroon cigar. I enjoyed it and would definately buy some more if I can ever find them. This cigar is another winner for the Toranos.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
Lang Daddy
Club Member

Ooo-wee, I cant wait to try this one! Thanks for the review!!
Lang Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
lazyskills

Nicely done Hooko
lazyskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:51 PM   #4
Polestar
Club Member

Thanks Hooko. I've been waiting for these, and your review's whetted my appetite.
Polestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:13 AM   #5
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Thanks for the review. As a proud Toraño Ho, I am eagerly awaiting these.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:15 AM   #6
TOJE
Herf God

Tic Tic Tic........ Can't wait to try one. They sound .

(_<CAO>_____]]]]~~
TOJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 05:23 AM   #7
spiridon
Herf God

Got my vote as best new intro at RTDA. Thanks for the review Hooko.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:58 AM   #8
Fpull

Thanks, George
Old 09-24-2003, 11:40 AM   #9
SlamFire
Club Member

I smoked a robusto sized yesterday evening. I enjoyed it thoroughly , this to me seems like another great Toraño line, those of you who have already placed orders you done well those of you who have not, you really need to start treating yourself better
When she gave me back the power to believe
SlamFire is offline   Reply With Quote