Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #7
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
See, I'm too nice a guy to correct Sean. I noticed the wrapper description on Cigar Bum, but didn't say anything.

Don Carlos are so Cameroon wrapped that you can really only smoke them outside when the weather is nice. Try burning one in the cold garage and watch that wrapper explode. It's delicate, but so damn tasty.

I also noticed the time period of the wrappers used in these 2004-2006 Hemingways and Don Carlos didn't have the same oil pockets/bumps as those used for 2000ish cigars. It could be not all years produce toothy wrappers. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on the vagaries of Cameroon wrappers from the Meerapfel plantation can chime in. While I miss seeing the white spots in the ash, cigars without them seem to taste just great.
@Ljutic

Everyone is always free to comment as they please, positive or negative, and definitely to correct me on an error. That's how you learn, and since 12 years of my smoking i simply smoked what tasted good and did nothing to learn about cigars at all. I just decided 3 years ago to start educating myself on my passion for cigars with the belief it would enhance my enjoyment.

Also, looking at my cigar app info a little closer, they list color, not wrapper type, so that's what got me. Would much rather they listed wrapper type as i can see the color for myself.

Previously, when the subject came up before, others expertise and digging in Google said Colorado Maduro was also a type, not just a color, as it was fermented longer and underwent part of the process of making a maduro wrapper, so that contributed to my mistake also.

Last edited by smbauerllc; 06-22-2022 at 09:58 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote