Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #2
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefslat View Post
This is a very nice looking Lancero with a smooth Maduro wrapper. Light aromas from the foot are some earth, toasted tobacco, and hints of cocoa. The cold draw is perfect.

The initial flavors are mild coffee and honey over an earthy base. The retohale has a light white pepper note. The burn is even and the ash starts off solid.

In the first third the sweetness remains although not as honeyed. The earthy flavors have transitioned to a more flavorful medium tobacco. The burn remains even and the ash is holding on nicely, although it dropped off at a little over an inch. The coffee stout is pairing very well, with most of the coffee notes coming from it.

During the second third the flavor profile has settled in. Lots of complex flavors blending together beautifully. The smoke is thick and mostly medium bodied. The ash is solid after the drop, although it continues to fall at a little past as inch, and the burn remains steady.

In the last third there is a light aftertaste of lemon zest, adding an interesting character of the profile. The pepper notes in the retohale have gone, leaving a nice smooth character. The ash is solid again, but I will anticipate the drop to keep it out of my lap. The burn remains almost perfect.

Approaching the final inch the draw remains cool and smooth. The construction and complexity of this cigar are outstanding. A nice clean finish as well. This falls firmly in the premium cigar category, with a price point of $20, but well worth it. 9.6/10, Joe Bob says check it out.
You come up with the most unusual cigars I have never heard of. Definitely makes it very interesting along with your excellent reviewing style.

Will definitely be using your reviews for future purchase ideas as i love trying new cigars.

I friggin' LOVE cigars
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote