Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
tedski
Club Member

La Luna African Fuerte - Luna Park

LLAF - Luna Park
Size: 6 x 52
Wrapper: Genuine, East Cameroon Kétté
Binder: Mexico
Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica

I received this a few weeks back in one of my many trades here. I really wish I kept better track of who sent me what in trades ... especially when I find gems like this. Maybe I'll make that a 2005 resolution.

In any event, I must say this was one of the better cigars I've smoked this year. The Avo 22 was the cigar pinnacle for me in 2004 ... but in all honesty, this one was not too far behind. It really has every aspect of a great cigar ... good look and feel, nice aroma, even burn, effortless draw, gobs of chewy smoke, excellent flavors and just the right strength.

The flavors right from the get-go were great. Slightly sweet + cedary tobacco with just a hint of creamy cocoa. The strength was mild to medium. As the cigar progressed the strength increased just slightly and there were hints of spiciness every so often. This continued on for the remainder of the smoke until I finally let it go out with about inch and a half left. I had a nice pleasant buzz and the smile that goes with it.

I've already placed my order with Gael for a couple of the boxes that he currently has on sale. A few more cigar finds like this and I'll be all set on favorites for quite some time.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
avid toker
Club Member

I agree. I like the LLAF's quite a bit although the wrappers are a bit fragile.
Just placed an order for the sampler.
Can't wait to try out the other lines.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
Polestar
Club Member

Nice review tedski! LLAFs are fine smokes. I still have a box of the Bantus on hand and a box of Camalunas on order.
Polestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

The Luna Park is/was one of my favorite LL!
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

so these are Torano made? When did that happen again? Glad to hear it BTW.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote