Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Coach
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgarWyzrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach
i purchased 3 btls when it was first released(thx statos). definately not for the weak,has an initial punch then coats the palate with caramel tastes.
Coach,
If you still gots it-- I still wants it. Let me know. Also, are you coming out for So Cal 7???

Steve
not in the fore seeable future. and yes i know of a vendor...with a lil help from a BOTL in an European country..........
shipping is $ due to the shitty EU though.

firgure btl price + bank draft send to Europe(roughly $15) and then shipping..last group buy a btl was roughly $130 ea
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #12
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

Excellent stuff. Made me want to drink it every day. Not as hot as Anejo, or as creamy, but smoother. Not exactly better, just different. The review in the Ministry of Rum was exactly spot-on for me.

(Many Thanks, Coach. )
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
Shubby

Thanks guys for all the help! Looking forward to breaking it open and finding out what it's like. Based on the replies I wish had had bought two more btls!
Shubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

Re: Havana Club Barrel Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubby
Sitting at the Rome airport. Just picked up a bottle of this instead of the HC7. 45% proof. €38 euro for 1 liter (is that a good price?)

What can I expect? Not sure if this is the right forum but figured if any one knows about this rum they would be here.

Description:
"This rum is patiently aged in extra-old white oak barrels, to shape its amber hue and incredible smoothness. The final blend is then set to rest in specially selected 'finish' casks that give it its character and complexity.

Its blended and aged under the supervision of Maestro Jose P Navarro Campa"
Wait just a damn minute........You gave about $40.00 or $45.00 for a bottle?

Why don't you come down here and let me give you a swift kick in the ass?!

After you taste it, you'll want someone to because you can't kick your own ass well enough to justify how you will feel when you realize the opportunity that you just missed.

:P
Old 05-31-2006, 06:18 PM   #15
Shubby

Oh well. 1 liter should last me a good amount of time. Will be picking up more on my next trip to DFS.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #16
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubby
Oh well. 1 liter should last me a good amount of time. Will be picking up more on my next trip to DFS.
Well--that's where you would be wrong!!!!!!!! :P

This stuff made me want to drink it EVERY day, and I don't have a drink every day, or even every week. I might go 2 or 3 weeks without even a beer, not to mention liquor. (Let's just say some people would say it was a mis-spent youth.)

But this stuff, at $45.00/bottle, would have made me take a tumbler with a little ice and a hint of a splash of water every day.

Next time, bring 2 bottles, and remember this friendly advice from a pal down South. (I sure could use another bottle.)

Old 06-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
Shubby

Wow, that's some heavy endorsement for just a rum! Everyday drink??? Whew, that's a little too much rum for me, so much other interesting stuff out there!!! If you like rum that much, you should try the HC15 if you haven't already done so. I think the Gran Reserva is out of this WORLD.

Cracked it open last night, good stuff, but a little hot for me. Very much as everyone described it to be, caramel, oaky flavors, complex, not as smooth for me though. Slightly prefer HC7, but that might be due to the familiarity with it. Give me another year with her and maybe she'll grow on me.

Sorry Catdeddy, not an everyday drink for me , JW Blue on the other hand...that's a daily drinker!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #18
geoffrie

Its delicious. It's my second favorite right after HC15.

I do not notice the higher alcohol level as I would in a cask strength scotch.

I think it's more complex, fuller flavor, and has more body. I stronger note of molasses which is fine by me.

Perfect with one small ice cube and a twist on a warm summer evening.
geoffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #19
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

Not a problem, Friend Shubby. To each, his own.

(Just leaves more for me. )