Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

NHL Hockey starts today

On right now on NBCSN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
mrdiver
Herf Meister

......and your defending Champions are.......
mrdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdiver View Post

Repeat? I think so. But I’m hoping Vegas Golden Knights can win it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdiver View Post
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Two more games after that one.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I don't know whose logos belong to.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 02-22-2021, 07:05 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

So there has been some really fun play in games, here, so far.
With the way the league has set up play, there are more games between teams in the same division, and in quick succession. Thus, there is a playoffs feel to regular season games, the familiarity is breeding contempt, as it were, and games are getting physical---fun to watch.

The divisions are more geographic, to a certain extent which also adds to the playoff feel. The Canadian teams are only playing each other, and the Flames vs. Oilers games are becoming epic. Lord, that Connor McDavid is a generational player.

Florida and Tampa Bay is excellent.

How about the Vegas v. Colorado game outside at Lake Tahoe on Saturday? The Vegas sweaters were really good looking and the Avs rocked the old Quebec Nordiques sweaters, really awesome. Vegas is on a hell of a run, as well.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:22 AM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

4 games went to overtime last night, at least two of those ended in shootouts after the five-minute OT period of three on three hockey.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:53 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I find myself watching games from the Canadian division more than others. Their coverage is solid. I have been catching quite a few Edmonton Oilers' games and have really taken to watching Connor McDavid play. I have rarely, with maybe the exception of Pistol Pete Maravich when I was young, gone out of my way to watch any single athlete. Ok, perhaps Lance Armstrong during his ill-fated run. But I am catching myself putting on the Oilers to see McDavid play.

I wasn't a huge fan when Wayne was playing.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #10
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Hockey for me is simply the best sport. I grew up watching The Blues and in 2019 they finally won the cup. I was a little over 3 months past my heart attack. The night they won the cup my buddy pulled out a couple of aged Cubans. It was my first cigar in months and it was one of those cigars that you never want to end. That was a great night and one of my fondest cigar smoking experiences.