Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
nunee
Club Member

Xikar MeanSardine-mini review

I picked up a Xikar MeanSardine on Friday. For those that are not aware of this, this is a double bladed, two-finger guiotine cutter. It is more oval in shape than the Zino cutters. It has a plastic body that comes in several colors (I chose Black), and fits a 56 ring gauge cigar! It was $9.99 at the local shop.

The blades appear to be the same as the Xikar Xi's, just a different shape to fit this style cutter. The metal is very thin for the blade, and it sits in the plastic frame.

I found the opening and closing to be slightly erratic. Sometimes smooth, others not so smooth. I hope this will change with use, hopefully the cutter will 'break in.' I tried a Zino (plastic model) in the store, and did not see a noticable difference.

Anyone else have one?
I cut a a dog rocket up that had a cracked cap, just sliced it and diced it. I cut the cap off first, then continued down the smoke. The Mean Sardine performed well. Nice clean cuts every time, it did not split the wrapper. It cut well straight across and at an angle. I cannot wait to use this as my everyday cutter. This is leaps and bounds better than my current Madeline cutter. (BLAH) I hope to move to a Palio eventually, but the MeanSardine seems to be a good deal at only $10.