Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Guv
Internationally Soccer Challenged
Herf God

Any Thoughts on Eagles Releasing DeSean Jackson?

Personally, I'm a little tired of the Eagles taking the high road.

Ray Rice punches his fiancee in the face, video taped dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator and charged with agg assault...still a member of the Ravens.
Ben Roethlisberger settles a Rape case out of court...still a member of the Steelers.
Chris Culliver, SanFran 49ers CB charged with Felony Hit & Run...Still a member of the 49ers.

Jackson is accused being friends with known gang members, Eagles cut him?
You're kidding yourself if you believe that Jackson is the only NFL player currently on a team's roster who has any affiliation with a gang.
The Eagles knew of his association prior to being drafted and certainly before they renewed his contract two years ago.

So prior to his release I couldn't have been more pleased with the Eagles total offense going into this coming season and certain they would focus mainly on their defensive needs in the draft. Now the Birds release him telegraphing their need at WR to every team as each of their draft selections approach.
To top it off, they don't wait to even get anything for him and at least six other teams are looking to sign him, including their divisional rivals, Redskins.

I am at the point that i don't give a rat's ass what you are or do off the field, unless it will be uniform across the league. You aren't my kids role model and you don't influence what they do or how they act. You are simply a football player and nothing more.

There is NO justice, if the Eagles release someone for moral reasons and 24 hours later 20% of the league look to sign him.