Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2022, 04:47 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Cause(s) of very bitter cigars

So, over the last couple months, have had 3 different cigars from the same 74qt tupperdor be bitter to the point that you couldn't even taste a hint of anything else.

All 3 were different marcas and ones I have had several of from the same boxes before and they were excellent with no bitterness.

All are 2019 or 2020 box dates, and have been in my steadily 65% tupperdor for about a year.

Seems like a little much for just being one-off bad smokes.

Any ideas on a possible cause for this?

I can only assume that its something particular to this tupperdor, as the other, newer one for nc's, has not had any issues with any smokes, but is set up identically with 10, 65% 60gr Bovedas spread throughout the container, and a quarter pound of dry 65% Heartfelt beads to absorb any excess humidity if it were to happen somehow.

99% of the time they read 65/65, so shouldn't be over humidified which I know can cause bitterness.

Forgot to check the 3 with my new Humidimeter which I've been trying to get into the habit of mainly for informational, "hell of it" purposes, but others around the same age in the same tupperdor have read 62% to 65%.

Would love to hear some ideas/suggestions from those more experienced, especially with storage of boxes, as I have only been able to buy and store boxes for about a year at most.

I have to assume that I'm doing something wrong with my setup as I can think of no other cause, but the rest from the same container, as well as the identically set up other container, have been fine, so I'm really at a loss

Thanks,
Sean

Last edited by smbauerllc; 02-22-2022 at 04:51 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote