Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 09-18-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
Castanza
Club Member

All Deals are Off

Seems that perhaps that fellow I work with, may have inadvertenly caused the owners to no longer discount the extra 20% for 5lbs or more. I go in there yesterday during my lunch break, and get 5lbs of Kenyan, plus a lb of Yemen Mocha (1st time). I go up to the cashier, and it is one of the older employees. I figure he will be able to handle it.

Nope, he tries to charge me only $10.89 for everything. I told him flat out, you are way off, I owe you a lot more than that. He tries it again, now it is around $11. Problem is the computer is set up for 50% off, but there is a way to do the extra 20% but he doesn't know how. My usual price with the extra 20% off is $5 per lb, plus the Yemen was $7..20.

He calls the owner, and he comes back, and said we no longer can do the extra 20%. I told him that was okay, and I still got the 5lbs, and the Yemen. I just figured that maybe the past mistake, caused this.

I confronted the guy at work today, and told him, that he may have inadvertenly caused this problem. . Than he told me, you should have taken it for $10.89 and you would still have the discount. After that statement, his response, well I didn't know any better.

Oh well, @#$$!@%^& okay I feel better.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #2
madal
Herf Meister

Glad you feel better. Maybe it was a computer screw up to begin with and reprogramming is the real problem.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:14 AM   #3
SmoKerch
Herf God

From now on, when you approach this "friend", keep your hand on your wallet.

Also, if you have loose change in your desk, keep the drawers locked when you are not there.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:42 AM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

well, at least you did the right thing. tie him to a fire ant hill.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:53 AM   #5
Mr.Mean
Herf Meister

That's a real shame. bad mojo sent your "friends" way.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:43 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Yeah, Mr. Mean. Let him have it.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote