Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Man these beans are HUGE!!!

I finally got around to opening a big bag of Guatemala Organic Maragogype I picked up from CBC a while back, and man you want to talk about some monster sized beans! These have got to be the largest beans that I have seen yet. They even put the NLV I had to shame.

So decided I'd set up the popper Saturday and roasted up a couple of batches of these. I cut the volume down so they would tumble and move easier. I roasted these to Full City stopping just short of second crack and the aroma coming off these beans made me want to brew a pot right then. Let em de-gas and brewed up a pot Sunday morning.

I wasn't sure the SMP would pull these monsters in but it ground them up just fine. The aroma was still just as nice as the day before and got even better with the fresh grind. The finished cup did not disappoint! The flavor had a nice caramel creaminess to it with just a slight earthy taste as well. I also could just distinguish a ever so slight fruitiness to it that almost tasted like apricot & maybe a touch of peach.

This is a very nice balanced coffee that definately leans toward the subtle side of the spectrum. If you like a smooth balanced milder cup of coffee, this is a really nice bean to grab.

<------ GOM in the FP this Morning!!!