Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Dub
Starting Member

Newb Coffee Questions

Hi All,

Just got a few questions I was hoping some might be able to help me with. Got a decent espresso machine and also a infusion brew coffee maker. After reading several posts here, I am now ready to take the plunge into the world of whole beans and correcting some of the mistakes a newbie makes (ie. buying way too much and storing in the fridge). There are 3 questions I was hoping to get help with. Here it goes:

1. After reading at coffeegeek.com it is evident that unless I sink $150 or more into a burr grinder, I am wasting my money (grinding for infusion maker and espresso). I don't drink coffee daily...switch up between brew and espresso, averaging around 2-3 a week.
So, not sure I am prepared to sink $$ in a grinder yet...what about buying beans online and getting someone like Starbucks to grind them for me? Am I going to get a decent grind through them or are they just as bad as a cheap home grinder?

2. What is the best guesstimate for the amount of beans I should be ordering if I am drinking espresso 4-6 times a month and same with regular coffee. (ie. Thinking I will buy specific espresso beans as well as regular brew beans)

3. Killer Beans...hear a lot about them. Are they all hype??? Which of the variety of the beans from them is the winner? Any other options? I live north of the board, just outside of Vancouver. Any Canadians order from them? I tried emailing to ask about shipping cost and who they use, but no reply.

Thanks, Dub

PS. If I am to get someone like Starbucks to grind the beans, what level should I get them to grind for espresso and also for in a infusion brewer?