Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
dartplayer1
Club Member

It's all your fault dodom!!!!

Thats what I told the wife anyway

I have never been much of a coffee drinker, What I did drink was more sugar and creamer than coffee but after reading the post's on here I just had to give coffee another try!!!

I asked dodom a few question and he sent me a sample of 2 of his home roasts an Organic Ethiopian Yergacheffe and an Organic Columbian.

Well I went out and got a blade grinder and we had a 4 cup drip coffee maker that had never been used and it's over 2 years old, but it sure has been used now

I did the Ethiopian first

I put 4 scoops (2tbs per scoop) of ground coffee in the maker.

Like I said I have never drank much coffee and sure as hell not black but I drank the first 2 cups black and it was very good, a hell of a lot better than anything i had ever had before!!!

It was a little bitter but nothing like all the other coffee I had before.

The next 2 cups I put 1 tsp of sugar in and the bitterness went away.

Then I brewed the Organic Columbian the same way

The first 2 cups I had black I really liked this coffee very little or no bitterness very smooth.

The next 2 cups I put 1 tsp of sugar in, for the first time ever I liked the black coffee better!!!

8 cups of coffee later in about 3 hrs.(man I am wired) I am looking forward to tomorrow mourning

Doug thanks a bunch for the coffee and cigars