Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
love_this
Club Member

Problems with my Hearthware Gourmet

I've had my HW Gourmet for somewhere around 2 or 3 years.

Lately I've been roasting 2 batches per roasting session. The first batch roasts uneven with a lot of chaff left on. The second batch roasts perfectly.

I suspect I might not be putting the roast chamber on correctly so that air isn't circulating inside the roast chamber. But as the chamber must lock I don't understand how this can be happening. The second roast is fine with all the chaff caught in the chaft filter. Maybe the heating element is dying and the first roast needs to "warmup"?

I've love a new roaster but I don't really have the time to play with it or go nuts pouring over reviews to decide which one to buy. My wife graciously offered to let me buy a new roaster. Maybe the new Hearthware I-Roast? I don't want to spend the money for a Hottop. What to do?

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

love_this is offline   Reply With Quote