Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Islay single malt whisky?
Ardbeg 10 14.93%
Bowmore 6 8.96%
Bruichladdich 1 1.49%
Bunnahabhain 2 2.99%
Caol Ila 4 5.97%
Lagavulin 31 46.27%
Laphroaig 13 19.40%
Port Ellen 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Your favourite Islay whisky?

O.K. Here's a deceptively simple question aimed at all the CW peat freaks out there...

I'm curious to hear what each of you considers their very favourite Islay single malt whisky at this precise moment, and why that particular one is THE ONE.

Notice that I'm NOT fishing for what bottle you feel to be the BEST, as sometimes the BEST is not the one you like the MOST.

Right now, for me, the distillery issue of 10 year old Ardbeg is my quicker-picker-upper dram of choice. Not the smokiest (Lagavulin wins out there for me)... Not the saltiest (a young Caol Ila seems to pull this trick off)... And not the most alcoholic (Bowmore Cask Strength wins that battle in my cabinet at this time)... But what sheer flavour excitement!

Alright. You get the picture.
Want to share your personal pick? Sure you do!

If you're looking for me, I'll be in the corner of the bar with a dark green bottle at my side.