Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2004, 06:44 PM   #28
bmwrtmike

I have played a few instruments. My first was a Viola, that I played for several years. Thought it was gay while I was doing it, but realized it was what introduced me to music. I started to play the guitar at 13, and at 19 took a spot playing Bass in a reggae band for a few years. Didn't go far, but we smoked alot of dope and drank alot of booze; and the women From there I played lead in a few metal bands and a thrash band or two. I was spending a whole bunch of money on different rigs and processors. My go to rig was a Gibson LP studio and a Marshall JCM900. In the rack was an Alesis Quadraverb, Eventide Ultra harmonizer, Nady wireless, and some other stuff that escapes me at the moment. I had soo many guitars that I would guess it to be about 25, and that is on the light side. One day I walked away from it all. I sold everthing but an old beat up Martin that I haven't touched in many years. It was too big of an addiction for me. The sex, drugs, and R&R. I was hooked on Cocaine, and drinking too much; as well as sleeping with some very scary women I have no self control, and that is why I gave it all up. Every now and then, I will look at the Martin sitting in the corner and think that I should play again. But I would soon be spending several thousand $$$ on a nice rig. My wife would not understand this and I couldn't blame her.

Now you all know entirely too much about me Ahh, to be young again