Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Just a little salute to Binnys, specifically Brett!

I've got some decent liquor stores here locally, but as it always is in rural America, sometimes the selection is a little lacking. Many of the bourbons that I love to sip and like to keep on hand I just can't get here locally, and for some reason it is almost impossible to get them to carry them. So I have been purchasing from Binnys for a while and just wanted to give my man Brett a well deserved thumbs up!

For anybody that is looking for something they just can't seem to find locally or you can find it but the price just isn't quite right, give Brett over at Binnys a call. He is their spiritmaster and a truly great guy to both talk to & deal with.

I called him a couple of weeks ago to check on this years release of the Antique collection and I mentioned that I had completely missed out on the spring release Stagg. For one I didn't realize there was a spring release for some time & second at the time I was putting my extra cash somewhere else anyway. He immediately went to apologizing & said that actually he had a few bottles set back for me that he had completely forgot to e-mail about and that he already had me down for a few bottles of the fall release as well as a least a bottle each of the rest of the antique collection.

He got it sent out and it is standing tall in the liquor cabinet with a few companions, not quite as full as when it arrived but standing tall just the same. Then he went the extra mile and a week later he sends me a Buffalo Trace embossed letter with a brief history about George T. Stagg as well as a fact sheet about the barrels selected for this bottling of the spring release.

Binnys has become one of my go to places and I always look forward to talking to Brett, who is truly a great guy.