Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
kdabbelt
Starting Member

Mystery cigar review

fvfanmc mystery cigar #2 This cigar was a 5X50 Maduro.
First look at this cigar. The wrapper had a nice uniform color to it, and a nice sheen. Seemed to well aged and soft. Clipped the end and did a prelight draw, and it seemed a little tight for me. But after lighting, it opened up to a nice even draw, with a lot of smoke. The cigar started out tasting like cocco with a even burn. As I smoked this cigar it became more complex and full flavored. As I finished this cigar it became a little spicy, burning even thoughout the smoke. I would recommend this cigar to everybody to try. But would hard for me to do, seeing that I don't know what it is. My wife even commented on the nice smell this cigar had.
kdabbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

Ken, glad you enjoyed the smoke!

I will post what the cigars, after all the reviews are posted.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
kdabbelt
Starting Member

fvfanmc mystery cigar #3 7.5 X 50 Natural This cigar was well aged like the #2 cigar was. First look at this one, I seen some sun spots and a small blemish on the wrapper, But that might have come from the band being takeoff. Not a lot of sheen on this cigar, but it had nice bloom and color. So I know it was taken care of by fvfanmc. Clipped the end and did my prelight draw and smell, and could wait to get it lit. My first draw after lighting gave me a hint of a woody taste to it. This cigar had a easy draw from start to finish, and at the end the taste turned more fruity. It burned even start to finish with a firm white ash. Overall it was a nice cigar, but I don't know if I would buy it or smoke another one. Mainly because I like a Maduro cigars.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #4
kdabbelt
Starting Member

fvfanmc Mystery Cigar #1

6.25X54 Natural My first look at this cigar I thought I was in for a treat. The outside wrapper on this cigar was firm to touch, uniform in color and no blemishes. Very pleasing to the eyes and nose. Clipped the end and did my prelight draw and it was tight, real tight. Toasted the end and tried to draw my first taste of what this cigar was going to like. But it was so tight I couldn't even get the first taste. It took me two hours to smoke this cigar, which doesn't surprize me being cigar of this size. I couldn't get alot of smoke or flavor out of this cigar. Being a cigar of this size I just wonder if it should have sat for a year before being smoke. To me this cigar was very bland and I didn't like this cigar at all.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #5
kdabbelt
Starting Member

fvfanmc Mystery #4 5X40 Natural This is, in my opinion the best cigar that fvfanmc sent. My first look at this cigar is uinform color, no veins, no blemishes and seemed to well aged. Clipped the end and torched the foot of this cigar and thought I died and went to heaven. The draw was easy and provided alot of smoke. My first taste of this cigar had a taste of spice. As I enjoyed this cigar, the taste of spice became more complex to the end of the smoke. The finish on this cigar was smooth and enjoyable. The burn rate of this cigar was even and slow, But that might have come from me enjoying it so much. So much that I might have burned my fingers six or seven times before I laid it down to sleep. I have a idea of what this cigar might be, Or least what I hope it is. I don't know what this cigar was. But if I could get my hands on a box it would be in my humidor in a split second.