Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Xikar Havana Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Xikar Havana Collection was first announced in April, but just now sending out e-mails about it. So, here we go with their new collaboration with Jesus Fuego and Nestor Plasencia.

Havana Collection by Xikar
Smoked the Criollo tonight at the ball park. Oh my, this is a solid cigar. I thought it was mild, at first, but it's not. It won't kick your butt, it's definitely on the milder side of medium, but it's got a ton of smooth, enjoyable flavor.
Good stuff.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Breech
Club Member

I must admit I also like the associated "Havana Collection" stuff that Xikar is rolling out (ashtrays, cases etc...).

Heard these are pretty good, and I am now just seeing the J Fuego cigars in stores in my area, have heard they are damn good too....

Thanks T2B.

Talkin' 'bout some back rent, she lucky if she get any front rent.- John Lee Hooker

Strike While The Iron Is Hot!!
Breech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
CSMAnderson
Herf God

J Fuego is making some great cigars right now. His Delirium and Defiance cigars are really good. Give them a try if you can find them.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I've smoked Defiance, and agree it's a good cigar. But Xikar is quietly ceasing production on those, and instead focusing on these.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Breech
Club Member

That is what I had heard as well..... Shame since the Defiance seemed to be highly thought of....

john

Talkin' 'bout some back rent, she lucky if she get any front rent.- John Lee Hooker

Strike While The Iron Is Hot!!
Breech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

If I read between the lines when talking to them, it seemed it just didn't sell well enough to do what they had intended the Defiance program to do, as far as funding the state groups to fight anti-tobacco legislation and movements.

The cigars were damned good, though, and may be rolled into this re-branding. So they're not gone. I'll try and talk to Kurt van Keppel at IPCPR and get as much solid information as I can.