Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
Vince

My new Tsuge rocks

The other day I came across a Nat Sherman Tsuge cutter for ¥3,500 (~$33), an offer I couldn't refuse. I was at first concerned about the loose feeling of the cutter handles, but the packaging explains that the Tsuge "uniquely employs the opposites of relaxation and strength -- the blades float, conform perfectly to your cigar, then lock." Interesting concept, but a nasty cold prevented me from trying it until today. I inaugurated the Tsuge on a La Finca Corona. Just positioning the cap for the cut without applying pressure, I could already feel the blades cleanly bite into the wrapper. I applied the pressure it would take to snug my Zino for the cut, and click: the cut was already done, and it was perfect. Compared to my Zino, I felt amost no resistance with the Tsuge; the mechanisms that engage the blades obviously add a lot of power to the cut. The La Finca had a bit of plugged tobacco under the cap, so I clipped thinly a couple more times to get past the plug. The cutter was so sharp and precise that I felt like a cigar surgeon. Had I done that with my Zino, I probably would've mashed the head of the cigar. Not that the Zino is a bad cutter, but the Tsuge is head and shoulders above it. The fine cigar experience just got a little finer.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote