Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2003, 08:06 AM   #1
Conn
Starting Member

Cigar Oasis purchase or not

Boys I'm sure this has been asked before, but I need some help. I own a nice cabinet humi, 48" x 15 x 32.5. Have had it for over a year and have an issue with what is the best humidification defice. It came with an electric humidifier similar to what you might use in your kids room when they have a cold. Obviously not made for a humi, but seemed to work OK......Until I noticed a mold problem. The problem is this thing is not accurate enough to program to stop at 70%, so I constantly have to turn off the fan as it gets above 70% and turn on the fan because it gets too low. Also it has such a larger reservoir for water, I find the distilled water gets scummy in there after a few weeks. No matter how well I clean this deal it still gets scummy.

So...I've changed my tactics, I have floral foam in there with the fan from the original unit next to it. I have eliminated the scummy water issue, but still don't have an accurate system to keep the system stable. Also the fan and the foam are taking up a fair amount of room in a cabinet that is getting full.

So to make an exceedingly long story shorter, is the Oasis too small for this sized cabinet, or should I pay the $ and buy the larger size? Or is there another option I have not seen? I really would like one self contained unit. As my investment in the sticks has gotten significant, I feel the need to make sure they don't get screwed up.

Thanks for the help

CC
Conn is offline   Reply With Quote