Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2003, 09:42 AM   #17
sd_smoker
Club Member

Sure, no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox
The Rustoleum, is that for the inside of the fridge, or outside ?
Luckily the inside just needed to be scrubbed out. I just used some earm water with baking powder mixed in to get rid of the stale smell.

Quote:
Temp Controller, how do you hook that up ? (not that mechanical)
You plug it in and then plug the fridge into the Temp Controller. Then put the small wire that comes out of the temp controller into the fridge. It's small enough to be shut in the door. Then you just set the controller to the temp you want (mines at 72*) and it will turn the fridge on when it gets above that temp. Then it will turn of when it gets to about 62* or so. FYI, the humidity drops while it's running due to condensation, but as soon as it shuts off the RH goes right back up. It runs for less than 10 minutes.

Quote:
1lb 65% climmax beads, is that the Climmax Premier Media
Yep

Quote:
...that says the 1lb is good for upto 5 cubic fee (in the Bags), if so it says to add distilled watter, so do you take the stuff out of the bags into a bowl with distilled watter?
Yes, and my fridge is about 4.5 cubic feet so 1lb is plenty. Personally, I put mine into a couple of sandwhich sized tupperware containers (1/2 lb. each). One on the top shelf (not visible in the pic) and one on the bottom.

Quote:
and what's the water/climmax ratio ?
I just used a syringe to squirt the recommended amount onto the beads. The amount is in the instructions, I don't remember how much off hand. I then put the beads in the fridge and checked the RH a couple days later and adjusted accordingly. They have been holding steady at 68-70% for months with no maintenance.

Quote:
I'm looking for a large cigar storage and this is sounding good...
I love my setup! Good luck!
"Personal charisma is a force that undermines institutions as often as it sustains them. Political institutions need the more reliable buttresses of tradition and duty. Mass emotionalism and celebrity-worship are hostile to any constitutional system."
sd_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote