Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #9
Poohdvm
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
In the last 2 weeks I've doubled my record collection. I haven't even completed a full survey of the 2 collections I purchased. Easily close to 500 records between them. One was a very comprehensive collection from Woodstock to disco. The other came from an estate sale in the neighborhood. Just the vintage equipment in a bundle purchase is worth 800 low balling it. Bought a truly alarmingly cheap bundle with that, the 33s, 2 big boxes of jukebox 45s from New Orleans on the original labels and a vast amount of other stuff for 20 bucks. Kim made a cursory look through them and picked out 22 she wanted to listen to.
WOW! Been awhile since I came across a deal like that. Good find.
If you havent found Discogs yet, you may want to check it out. Website/app that you can put your collection in and have access to what you have on your phone by the app. Give price range also. Breaks them down by release and rerelease and even the plant they were made in. All that info is in the runout wax to help identify what you have. I'm not a dealer but its nice to have the info. Its also a source for insurance purposes.