Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
AA

Sealing the deal with cigars

So as winter comes in (currently SNOWING where I am ... ) to the north country, it's time to get something resembling a hearth into my house.

Last weekend, we went to a local stove dealer, and found a great little used stove (VT Castings, ventless) thanks to the jovial owner. He also had a rather large stash of cigars waiting to head home to the humidor. As we were discussing the stove, my wife mentioned that I had been eyeing the sticks; we were going to think on the stove for a week, but he sent me away with a Churchill-sized number for good measure (looks to be JR Cuban Alt, or something else JR-based). Hmm, bonus!

The other places we shopped for stoves that day were not nearly as personable, nor were there cigars offered.

Today, I went back and wrote a check for the stove; he promised it would be delivered with a package of cigars riding alongside by the end of the week.

Damn straight there's gonna be a tasty packet for the delivery crew to bring back to the proprietor!!

We would have purchased a stove from this guy anyway, but the cigar thing was icing on the cake.
AA is offline   Reply With Quote