Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

Baltimore/DC Cigar Event - DONE - See Last Post

My Dear BOTLs and SOTLs,

I bring to you news of a new cigar lounge and cigar shop that will be opening in The Village at Waugh Chapel in Gambrills MD 21054.

Titan Cigar has had some setbacks and hopes to be open by DELAYED: SEE BELOW.

They will be hosting their first cigar event, a Rocky Patel event, on POSTPONED. A representative from Rocky Patel will be on hand. My guess is that there will be some type of special on Rocky Patel cigars. Keep checking back because when I know more details I'll post an update to this thread.

Titan Cigar hopes to average 2 events a month. Future events will include rum tasting, cigar tasting, and bond night. I'll have to ask just what that means. I'm thinking James Bond Night where he might feature that Man's Man, James Bond in one of the Bond films. But that's just my guess.

About Titan Cigar:

Although the shop is small, they have a liquor license - the only cigar shop that I know of in the area that does. They will have 120 cigar lockers, and a comfortable lounge area to rest your weary bones, smoke a good cigar and down a favorite beverage. They have a plasma TV to watch your favorite sporting events.

They are creating this lounge for us cigar smokers. The owners, Dave and Michelle are very excited about opening this shop. They are almost as excited about opening this shop as I am for finally getting a tobacconist I can call local! It's only 15 minutes away from me! They hope to open two more in the near future.

There is a restaurant in the shopping center that Titan Cigar is currently having discussions with regarding the possibility of providing catering for Titan Cigar and some of their events. As I become aware of other information, I will pass it along.

They have a website at http://www.titancigar.com/. Currently it only has the front page set up.

Directions to Titan Cigar in the The Village at Waugh Chapel Shopping Center: (I don't know the actual numeric address yet.)
From Annapolis: Take I-97 North to Exit 7, Route 3 South Bowie/Odenton. Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.
From Washington D.C.: Take Route 3 N and go 7 miles to Waugh Chapel Road intersection. Make a U-turn onto Route 3 South and turn right into the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center.
From Baltimore: Take 295 South to 695 East. Take I-97 South to Exit 7, Route 3 South Bowie/Odenton. Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.
From Columbia: Take Route 32 East to Route 3 South (Bowie). Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Titan Cigar is still looking to fill some part-time, weekend positions. If you might be interested, contact them at info@www.titancigar.com.

Tell them you found out from me. I get nothing out of it except to let them know I am spreading the word about the new shop.

Herfingly Yours,

Bryan

December 8th UPDATE:

AW CRAP!!! In an email progress update from Dave:

"Bad news - I believe that I will just miss the 12/15 date for the Rocky Patel event by a couple of days.

Good News - The store is looking awesome!..."

It looks like their projected opening won't be until after the date of the RP event, December 15.

I'll keep you posted with updates as they occur.
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote